Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another Horrific Loss

ZvZ this time.  I see a bad pattern forming here.

Before the Replay:

I went 15 hatch, pool.  I was expecting an early rush of Zerglings.  I didn't get it.  So I killed an Overlord with my Queens and rushed with some slow Lings.

They got over agressive and went in for his Queens at his second where they were instantly surrounded by his Speedlings and crushed.  He then countered, went Baneling and beat me.

If I hadn't committed my Slowlings, had just scouted and pulled back, I wouldn't have been instantly crushed and my Roaches might have had a chance when his Speedlings + Banelings rolled my base.

He was Diamond.

After the Replay:

He also did a 15 hatch into pool.  Mine was actually faster, as was my APM.  He just managed his upgrades better, had Banelings and my pre Replay analysis was right on about my mistake.  If I'd kept my 'lings and been able to get my Roaches up, I think I could have won.

1 Placement match Won, 2 Placement matches Lost, 2 Remaining

No comments:

Post a Comment