Sunday, April 21, 2013

Heart of the Swarm!

First ranked game of Heart of the Swarm.  Played a little in the beta, played the campaign and I've played vs the computer for a while.  Finally time to try vs real people.  Let's see how it goes, first Ranked match.

And I win!

Before the Replay:

I didn't play very aggressively   I pushed once sorta early with 3 Zealots at the front and my Mothership Core at the back.  I think I got a few SCVs and did some damage to his front Supply Depots, but that was it.

Otherwise I sat back, micro'd, tech'd and just tried to keep vision on the map.  He pushed and I stopped it.  He pushed again and I stopped it again.  As I was moving out to take my 3rd, he left the game.  No GL HF at the beginning or GG at the end.  Looking at his profile, I think he was also playing his placement matches.

After the Replay:

I probably could have kept hitting him hard.  When I moved out with my Mothership Core and 3 Zealots from 1 Gateway he'd only managed to produce 2 Marines from 2 Barracks.  I suppose scouting would have helped me identify that sooner.

He never checked the watchtowers  I held them without contest all game and his income was terrible, never built an Orbital or even Muled.  Not really much of a contest I guess.

1 Win, 4 Placement Matches to go

Edit: Actually he did eventually make an Orbital.  But he really didn't Mule and he didn't expand.  He also stopped building SCVs around 23.  He did do a better job of keeping his money low than I did, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment