Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tal'darim Altar? New patch...new maps

I don't think I've played on Tal'darim Altar before, so that was fun.

I played versus a Terran who early expanded...which I think I saw Jinro do on this map in the TSL last weekend?  I'm guessing that's where this guy got it too.  It was interesting, because you can basically take your natural and wall off right away, it's not hard to do.  And it's a big map, so you've got time.  He had bunkers going up when my first Zerglings came out, so it just wasn't worth it for me to try to early attack.

Because of the space, though, I just went Muta / Zergling.  I'm not sure if he's done much early expanding...because he didn't do a good job of saturating.  He'd make a good stream of them when he was thinking about it, then he'd get distracted by making a bunch of marines or building new buildings or my mutas harassing his SCV line and he'd just....stop.

He wasn't that great...he could only build a few things at a time because he wasn't building more unit producing structures either.  But...a win's a win and I'll take it.

Lesson learned - keep harassing.  Mobile armies on large maps can overcome a lot of challenges.

+ 22 Points, Silver League Division Rank 6, Remaining Bonus Pool 2230

Bonus pool should decrease as I play this week as I believe you don't accrue any more for the season now that the leagues are "locked-in".

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/156530-1v1-terran-zerg-taldarim-altar-le

No comments:

Post a Comment