Sunday, July 10, 2011

And finally a win..

Random v Random on Xel'Naga which turned into Zerg v Zerg.

I did a 15 Extractor / 14 Pool opening figuring it was safe not knowing his race.  He 10 pooled me but I saw the Zerglings come with plenty of time to get a few Spine Crawlers up.  By the time he pushed in they were up and my Queen was in place and I defended easily.  He tried again a little later but my Speed upgrade was in and my Roaches were up, at which point I decided to expand.

He expanded after me and got quiet so I increased the upgrades and started in towards Spire Tech.  I figured he was either massing Roach / Zergling in which case I would need Mutalisks, or he was teching to Spire Tech...in which case I'd need Mutalisks.

When I started harassing he turned out a lot of Hydras quickly, which I was impressed with.  But it wasn't enough.  He failed a push before the Hydras were out and failed another after.  Both pushes were inspired by the fact that my Mutas were tearing apart the Drones and Overloards in his main base.

+ 26 Points, Gold League Division Rank 34, Remaining Bonus Pool 436

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/8734

No comments:

Post a Comment