Thursday, September 20, 2012

PvP..Win?

We were both Random and both got Protoss, cross position on Tal'darim.

I did a good job of not getting supply blocked.  It happened a few times but they were all relatively brief.

Before I watched the replay, I thought I won because he just had less of an idea of what to do than I did in this scenario.  And certainly there was a bit of that.  But even more was that once he started building buildings and taking expansions...he stopped making probes.

At the 13 minute mark he was sending out some Warp Prisms with DTs, I was about to send out some Void Rays and we were both taking our Third bases.  I had 60 probes to his 40.

He also stopped producing anything when he was busy.  So I was attacking his main and he was counter attacking with DTs at my Second base.  I continued putting up buildings and producing units and he did almost nothing.

At the 20 minute point I was at 4 bases to 2 after that 1 Void Ray attack and his DT counter.  I had 75 probes to his 37 while he went Carrier / Phoenix to counter my Void Rays while I tech switched to Archons.

So looking at the mechanics that really helped me edge him out, I really feel like I earned that win.

+ 29 Points, Silver League Division Rank 17, Remaining Bonus Pool 0

http://drop.sc/256253

No comments:

Post a Comment