Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Back in the saddle - and it's like I never left

Our Team:

Caitlyn ADC, Braum Support, Ezreal Mid, Warwick Jungle, Darius Top

Their Team:

Mordekaiser Mid, Shen Top, Jinx ADC, Nami Support, Amumu Jungle

Amumu went Ignite / Smite, is that a thing now?

My first ranked game in...well certainly over a year.  I quite LoL a while back out of frustration, but I never stopped liking the game.  I just stopped having fun when I was playing the game.

Ian got me back into it with the new Team Mode, where you can queue up for the position / champion you want to play and get a team that way.  I like it and the ranking in it isn't quite so vicious.  People aren't uber serious.

But give it enough time and I want to play more..competitively.  So tonight I played ranked again.

And it went about as it ever did.  Our Ezreal mid kept overextending and blaming everyone else for being low level newbs.  Our Darius kept diving into fights 1 on 3, 2 on 4, where we were just outnumbered and could not win.

All in all it was bad.  I couldn't find a winning play.  If I dove in and soaked up the CC, I'd die and the team wouldn't take advantage.  If I stayed back someone would dive in solo and make a bad move.

I'm sure I had plenty of blame to shoulder as well.  Because there's no built in replay, I've decided to start FRAPSing my games and uploading them so I can link them in the post and review them later.  I forgot to record at the start but got it started quickly enough.

1st Provisional Placement Match: Loss

http://youtu.be/9awghXyV5Ug

No comments:

Post a Comment