Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not like yesterday's game

Yesterday I played a PvT against a brand new player.  Brand new.  First game on the ladder.  He warned me ahead of time that he was awful, and he was right.  No offense to him, he just wasn't practiced or familiar with what he was doing.  I rolled Protoss and futzed around for a while with stuff before I blinked into his back and rolled Zealots and Immortals up the front of his base.

Tonights game was not like that one.  I played on Metalopolis vs a Random (turned out to be Zerg) player. I put some early pressure on him with Stalkers and some Sentries.  I failed to make a plan though, so I just kinda built more Stalkers and expanded when it felt right.  He early expanded so he couldn't do much about the pressure, but eventually (surprise) once his economy and tech got up he rolled me with zerglings, roaches and hydras.

I don't play versus many zerg and less who use that style.  I'm totally familiar with the zerg ability to do that, just rarely see it...so it was actually kinda fun.

I did poorly and spending my money.  And I failed to make a plan.  So, tonight's lessons:

 - need to keep up with building structures that allow me to build stuff that kills stuff
 - need to remember to make a plan, always come up with a plan

-11 points, Silver League Division Rank 7

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/144110-1v1-protoss-zerg-metalopolis

No comments:

Post a Comment