Sunday, March 6, 2011

10th 1v1 Protoss Victory!!

Getting 10 1v1 Protoss wins shouldn't feel like the overwhelming victory that it does.

The map was scrap station and I was worried that I'd just get overwhelmed by his safe economy and mutalisks so I tried to pressure early with Zealots and go Void Rays.

The Zealots never did anything useful.  I scouted with a probe but his drone wouldn't leave it alone so I couldn't get a proxy pylon down.  The Zealots ended up being base defense from his Zerglings which were annoying but not.. devastating.  I should have built Sentries, but I wanted to use all my gas on Void Rays.  I thought about it and dismissed it more than once.

I rallied my Stargate to the island and just kept sending in the Void Rays.  Once I destroyed a lot of Drones the first time around he started going mass queen while he tech'd up to defend himself.  I kept charging and damaging the Queens and pulling back.  Once he started getting ahead of me in the Queen to Void Ray damage ratio I sent in the Zealots to shut down his Natural expand and then merged my forces.

The game felt good..in so far as it felt like I really earned my victory.

Lesson for the day - Harassment works.  Second game today where I made an effort to keep putting pressure on my opponent.  Make him feel defensive and trapped and force him to make the mistakes.

+ 22 Points, Silver League Division Rank 6

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/147084-1v1-protoss-zerg-scrap-station

No comments:

Post a Comment