Saturday, April 16, 2011

How many expands is too many expands?

I expanded 5 times in this last game.

It was Shattered Temple and we spawned in close by air positions.  He was scanning me a lot and not putting any pressure on me by ground so I figured he was going to go with drops.  Which he did.

The problem was he waited a long time...he shoulda dropped me when he had that first Medivac out.  That would have done a good job of pinning me in my base.  I had 3 warpgates online and was just barely able to afford each production cycle.  But he waited a little too long, until I'd gotten my Robo up and running and was expanding and it was just too late.

At that point I was already pretty sure I'd won so I cleared the rocks at my Gold, started making Immortals to handle his Marauders, started the tech for my Blink upgrade, expanded to the Gold and started building as many Gateways as I could afford to.

It still took 15 minutes from this point.  I tried to force my way into his main once but lost most of my units destroying most of his army so I pulled back, rebuilt, expanded a third and fourth time (to his second) and maxed on my Immortals, Blink Stalkers and Charge Zealots.  Eventually I got my fifth and rebuilt my base there when he sacked mine with his third drop.  But at the same time my army was destroying all his buildings, so it was effectively over.

+ 26 Points, Silver League Division Rank 62, Remaining Bonus Pool 193

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/164985-1v1-terran-protoss-gutterhulk

No comments:

Post a Comment