Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Okay...let's try this again

I queued up yet again today.  Why?  I want to know what I'm doing wrong.  I want to understand why my play is so extra horrible today.  I want to smash my face into the keyboard.

And I finally won.

Tal'darim is a huge macro map and it was TvT.  So I wanted to establish an early strong economy and just mass marines and marauders.  Huge numbers.  So I started doing that and just sat back.  He attacked a few times and I defended.  I attacked once or twice and did some damage to his army but neither of us made much progress.

However it felt to me like I kept coming out ahead.  When he'd attack I'd lose less units than him.  When I attacked I lost less units than him.  I went for Battlecruisers for my final tier tech and quickly upgraded.  When I hit max I did 3 things.  1.) I built more unit producing structures so I could replenish my army instantly if I suffered some huge defeat.  2.) I expanded like bananas.  3.) I kept upgrading (or tried to, I eventually forgot to keep upgrading).

Either way it worked.  I just crushed his forces as I rolled over base after base after base.  I had 6 or 7 Command Centers up at the end and over 20k minerals in the bank I couldn't spend (except for the upgrades I kept forgetting to max out...lesson learned!).

Anyway, it felt good to finally get a win in.

+ 26 Points, Silver League Division Rank 65, Remaining Bonus Pool 159

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/163289-1v1-terran-taldarim-altar-le

No comments:

Post a Comment