Monday, May 16, 2011

Defend Defend Defend....Push

I sometimes feel bad for Zergs I beat in TvZs because I know just how it feels to build what seems like a strong army and watch it splash, helplessly, against the turtled Terran again and again and again and then to just lose when he pushes back with a moderately sized but dangerously strong force.

My Zerg opponent went for a quick Roach Warren so I anticipated a fast rush.  It never game, but I had my Marauders up with Concussive Shell anyway.  I kept building out of 3 Rax, got a Factory up with Siege Mode and put down a second OC and finally he attacked twice.  I defended both pretty handily (not sure if I lost anything in the attacks except a few supply depots) and then retaliated to win.

He kinda divided up his tech too much.  Banelings and Roaches by 8 minutes feels like more money spent on tech than on units.  Not strictly speaking true, but it just has that feel to me.

I played a few ZvZs last night, lost both pretty badly.  The first one I lost to a quick Muta rush and then I Rage queued into the ladder and immediately hit the second one.  I need to rethink how I approach that matchup.  The first if I'd thought more about what I was scouting I would have realized Mutas were coming and could have been prepared a *little* faster, which was all I needed.  For the second, he went 6-pool into ling / baneling which screams of a muta follow-up and I neither scouted nor predicted it.

Actually to be fair to myself I did expect the Mutas, just not in the number he had at the speed he had.  I need to rewatch that replay.

+ 30 Points, Silver League Division Rank 21, Remaining Bonus Pool 282

Hopefully SC2 gets their replay submission fixed soon...

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/1529

No comments:

Post a Comment