Monday, May 16, 2011

Speak of the Devil

There's a ZvZ.  I have a one-base Roach opening that I really like.  Unfortunately it leaves me 100% exposed to fast Mutas, and I haven't found a way to tweak it to account for that because 3 Queens are not enough to hold off the Muta pressure, in my experience.

So after my last post I rewatched those ZvZs from last night again (the second game he did not 6-pool, btw) and queued up - bang, ZvZ.  Okay...let's try something more traditional.  Metalopolis, close by air...so I go for a 14 hatch pool opening with delayed gas.

He Roach rushes me.  I've already got the spawning pool started when I see his Warren go down so I throw out a few lings and send them to his ramp.  I wait to see the Roaches to put up the Spine Crawlers though.

It's not enough time.  5 or 6 Roaches come running down at my base from his base (reasonably long distances) and the Spine Crawlers can't finish in time.  My Queens and unfinished Crawlers are destroyed and I lose.

GRRRR.  At least it only lasted 6 minutes, I guess.

- 9 Points, Silver League Division Rank 21, Remaining Bonus Pool 282

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/1541

For some reason it's not showing both players on this manual upload.  I'm sure the file's fine, but the display only shows the 1 player.  Odd...I know I typed both in.  And you can't edit SC2Replayed.com manual replays.  Oh well, I'll probably re-upload them all properly once the site is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment