Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ZvT Day

I played an almost 50 minute ZvT today.  I played...not great.  Well enough to win, but not great.  I went for Mutas and he blind countered with mass mass mass Vikings.  And for some reason I thought "okay...I'll just get more Mutas".

I tried to break his front with Baneling / Speedling but his tanks killed everything.  After 3 waves of it I finally made a dent but I threw away probably 120 supply doing it.  Anyway I eventually won that game and then got this one..which was apparently a chance for redemption.

I did a 14 hatch gas opening.  He pushed on me with his first 4 or 5 Marines and did a decent amount of damage before I cleaned it up.  He pushed again with Hellions which I stopped but at the cost of building a lot of Lings.  He then pushed again with a pretty strong Tank Marauder force.  All the agression off one base (he didn't have time to build all that and expand) told me he probably didn't have anything protecting his home so while I tried to slow him with my Speedlings, I sent my 5 Mutalisks into his mineral line, destroyed all his SCVs mining, his Command Center and the next wave of troops he was producing.  GG

I really liked his agression though.  I need to be better at that..constantly putting pressure on the opponent.  Maybe not as Zerg, though I can harass a lot with Zerg, but as a general rule I should be attacking / harassing more.  Lesson for the day - be more agressive.

+ 28 Points, Silver League Division Rank 20, Remaining Bonus Pool 265

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/1862

No comments:

Post a Comment