Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Solo Hot Streak 5!

Gaah, finally.  I know that the Ladder's supposed to put you against even opponents so you're, in theory, looking at a 50% win rate.  But I've had plenty of losing streaks for 5+ games, I figured I was eventually due for a winning streak of 5 games.

After winning a TvT on Slag Pits (put early pressure on to keep him from expanding, then contained him to his base and natural while I took the rest of the map) I was ready to call it quits for the evening when I noticed I'd won my last 4 in a row.

Well clearly if I was on a hot streak I couldn't just quit now.

5th game was a ZvP on Metalopolis, cross positions.  I scouted close by air first for fear of early Void Ray / Phoenix harass but he wasn't there, so I opened 14 gas/pool to be safe until I scouted the cross positions, at which point I immediately threw down a second hatch and tried to macro for all my little silver league fingers could manage.

I had good warning for his first attack, he stopped to clear my Zerglings off both towers so I had a few Spine Crawlers and Roaches up and ready.  It wasn't too much, just some Stalkers and Zealots, his Sentries stayed home for Defense.

The second attack I had some warning of as well because I was pushing out and ran into it.  He tried to hit my natural from two angles but I held my D tight close to the Hatch and fended it off pretty easily.

After clearing his Pylons out from around the ramp he didn't move out.  I figured he was tech'ing and expanding (had already expanded to his natural, as it turned out) so I took my third and worked on getting my Hive up.

Turns out he wasn't tech'ing yet, just massing units so my third got quickly sacked but again, I held - meanwhile he took his 3rd (right under my overlord).  He was very agressive and hit me again, this time with a Colossus ball but my Hydras were up with Roaches to take the damage so I was able to deal with it, but 3rd was sacked again.

I felt like I had the game, I was winning every fight more efficiently which is huge for ZvP, I just needed to starve him out so I sent a wave of Zerglings to kill the probes at his 3rd.  When he moved to defend I sent everything else out, my Roaches and Hydras hit the army that was defending the 3rd and my Zerglings hit the Natural, destroying all his mining and he GG'd.

+ 30 Points, Silver League Division Rank 14, Remaining Bonus Pool 236

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/1870

No comments:

Post a Comment