Friday, May 20, 2011

Macro!

My 3 barracks TvT opening continues to treat me very well.

I opened and put some pressure on my opponent, pinning him back for a few.  He did a good job of pushing me out and back to my base, but built too many Marauders which just aren't that strong against Marines, so I defended easily and pushed him back, taking the Center towers.

I also used that time to get my second Command Center up so I expanded as soon as I defended his push.  I also kept making SCVs which he didn't, so by the time that second CC was landed at my Natural I had 6 more SCVs and by the time both our OCs were up at our expansions, 7 Barracks to his 4.

At that point it was a waiting game.  I expanded to my 3rd as he made his second push, but my position and composition (aka Marine to Marauder count) were both better.  So he turtled up at his Natural while I took my 4th and made Battlecruisers.  At the time he took his 3rd and I took my 4th I had 71 SCVs to his 40, my economy was dwarfing his and he just couldn't catch up in Supply or Tech.

+ 30 Points, Silver League Division Rank 12, Remaining Bonus Pool 232

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/2140

No comments:

Post a Comment