Sunday, May 1, 2011

Expand, Expand, Expand, Battlecruisers!

Got to try my new TvT with heavy early Marines again today.  It went well, but I'm not sure if that's because the build was good or because my opponent was...less than good?

I don't want to say less than good.  He did the typical Terran "turtle on one base until 200/200".  At least I'm assuming he was 200/200 when he pushed out?  I'll have to go back and watch.

Anyway, I tried to push in on him but he had a good turtle started already so I just pulled back and expanded.

I tried to push a little again and he had not only not expanded, but turtled more.  So I expanded...again.

I scanned him and saw he still hadn't expanded and was just massing up, so I expanded again.

At this point I was getting close to 3/3 upgrades for my Barracks and Stargate units and was producing Battlecruisers.  I pushed out, killed the expand he'd finally started, lost my barracks army to his big army, defended his big army push at my base, expanded 3 more times and pushed back out with my Battlecruisers.

Probably didn't have to take as long as it did, but it felt safe and strong and I enjoyed it.

+ 36 points, Silver League Division Rank 52, Remaining Bonus Pool 354

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/171676-1v1-terran-gutterhulk

No comments:

Post a Comment