Sunday, May 1, 2011

50!

Took a bit of a break over the last week to play Portal 2.  I love those games....anywho..

ZvZ today.  I went for an early expand into Speedlings and Roaches.  It went...well.  My opponent scouted me out early and tried to cheese me with a quick spine crawler on my creep, but I scouted it with my drone transfer.  He cancelled and went for an extractor, then pulled back and tried to do the spine crawler again but I had my first round of 'lings up by then and stopped it.

I then sent them into his base where he'd built a hatch at his expansion, but hadn't populated it...so I took it down.  My 'lings got pulled into his base where I spotted a bunch of spine crawlers, and I pulled back out and started massing Roaches.

He had a surprising number of roaches for a quick counter but I held it off easily and pushed.  He never re-expanded and just went for Mutas, but my queens held it while my hydras got up and I just muscled my way into his base for the win.

Interestingly he's division ranked 10th for his Gold division.  I wonder if he normally wins his ZvZs with cheese like that, or if it's just a weak matchup for him...No, no I'm reading through his history.  He 6-pools most games.  That explains it.

Oh, I also got my 50th solo win as Random, so that was fun.  Trying to decide if I'm going to change from my Zergling portrait to the newly unlocked Overseer portrait.

+ 40 points, Silver League Division Rank 57, Remaining Bonus Pool 366

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/171379-1v1-zerg-backwater-gulch

No comments:

Post a Comment