Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pressure, Contain, Harass

Another Zerg versus Terran game.  Both ZvTs today, interestingly enough, were versus Gold level players.

I early expanded and just kept a close eye on him.  He didn't move out with an early Marine harass at first so I droned up.  What he did do was some early Reaper harass which cost me a little mining time, but I had plenty of Queen action to deal with the Reapers and had some Zerglings out by then as well so after I fended them off, I just parked my 'lings outside his base.

When it became clear he just wanted to turtle and macro, I did the same.  Until I got my Mutalisks out.  I already had map control with the Zergling placement and the Mutalisks helped secure it.  He'd gotten some good scans in so he knew I had a spire and had built turrets, but it didn't prevent me from harassing..just reduced the effectiveness.

Eventually my macro and map control won out, he couldn't effectively move anywhere on the map and was being out mined / produced so he GG'd out.

+ 38 Points, Silver League Division Rank 45, Remaining Bonus Pool 348

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/173205-1v1-terran-zerg-shakuras-plateau

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBULQ--wmlg

No comments:

Post a Comment