Saturday, May 14, 2011

PvT Frustrations

I don't know why, but when I play Protoss against a Terran I just don't feel like I can keep up.  I can't get my expansion up I'm too busy spending all my minerals producing out of my gateways and when I finally do...I just can't catch up.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Is it the assumption that I should be catching up?  If he's being agressive and expansion heavy...what am I supposed to do?  Build Phoenixes and harass?  DTs and hope he doesn't have detection?  He's got this huge army parked outside my base waiting for..something and I feel like engaging it is a mistake.  Finally I've got some good ugprades and I go for it and I just get smashed, proving it was a mistake.

There's something about Protoss I just don't get.  Still.  I don't know how to figure it out either.  Playing Protoss is just such a frustrating experience for me.

Anyway, Shattered Temple..close positions...he had a good Bio Ball faster than me with heavy Medic support and just sat grouped up and expanded and expanded.  I tried to catch up and I couldn't.  I took a risk to snipe his Command Center and failed and he won.

Lesson Learned - I don't know.  I know I should have waited for Charge to Finish.  I thought that the moment I Blinked my Stalkers in.  So that was a mistake.  I should probably build better units for handling Terran bio too.  I'm just not comfortable with Templars or Colossus..I want to believe there's a way to beat Terran without them.  I just don't know what yet.

Also probably that my early expansion is super important against Terran.  I need to get more production sooner which may mean taking a bigger risk early.  I think that's the only way to get more Gateway units than him faster.  Or at least, comparable.

- 8 Points, Silver League Division Rank 35, Remaining Bonus Pool 346

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-video/1159

No comments:

Post a Comment