Friday, May 13, 2011

Hooray for winning streaks

Went 3-0 yesterday and I'm up 1-0 so far today.

Today's was a ZvP on Delta Quadrant.  He harassed me some with a probe, but mostly just scouted heavily so when my Overlord saw his cyber core just getting up when I had my lings pop and speed start (14 extractor / pool opening) I ran my lings in to harass his probes a bit.  He didn't really have anything except lots of probes.  They held it off but I guess I'd put him on the Defense.

I parked my Speedlings at the Xel'Naga tower and just waited for him to push out.  Which he didn't..and didn't and didn't.  So I expanded like crazy and macro'd up.  Interestingly I thought I broke 100 workers, but I only actually made 92 - so I guess I need to get a better feel for that.  At any rate, it was enough.  I built Mutalisks and harassed his lines, keeping his Stalker / Collosus army pin'd into his base.

After a while I started throwing some away to thin out his stalkers and make supply room for Broodlords, but just as I started to push out with a few of those he made for my base.  I returned and defended, countered with Banelings to break the front of his base and then rebuilt to 200.  He pushed again with the few forces he had, got smashed and quit.

If the Zerg is willing / able to macro heavy, it doesn't seem to be to the Protoss' advantage to wait and just let the Protoss harass.  Certainly in a direct confrontation the Protoss army can win, but I had so many units and so many upgrades and so many larva maxed hatcheries ready to rebuild that even when he smashed my army I had another almost instantly.  Since their army is so much stronger head on, I'd think it'd be to the Protoss' advantage to keep forcing direct confrontations keeping me spending my larva on things I don't want to.

+ 32 Points, Silver League Division Rank 33, Remaining Bonus Pool 335

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/1025

No comments:

Post a Comment