Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Draw...

Okay, so that was my first draw.  It was a TvT and it took 1 Hour and 16 Minutes.

It was Random Random start in cross positions on Tal'darim so I went with my 3 barracks into expand opening to get a somewhat Command Center with a good force of Marines.  Which ended up working out well because he hit me with a handful of Marines around the 6 minute mark.

I harassed the front of his base a bit while I got my unit producing structures up and started my tech.  He bunkered up pretty hard so I wasn't ever really able to get in.  I thought about dropping a few times..probably should have.

I tech'd to Battlecruisers but once I started getting them out he hit me, hard.  Banshees hit my third and Marines rushed down my front.  Meanwhile, unbeknownst to me at the time, he was also double expanding to his fourth and fifth.

I expanded to my fourth when his Marines hit me, with his own Battlecruisers.  Whoops.  I managed to keep fighting off his attacks, but he kept destroying my Command Centers and SCVs.  I kept expanding and re-expanded and he kept coming back in and killing it.  It was..frustrating.

Fortunately for me I had a better composition and kept my units alive better.  More marines, more Medivacs and more unit retention and no less unit producing capabilities (you know, until I eventually lost all my Command Centers).

Eventually he broke into my last few bases and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold.  I'd gone with OCs instead of PFs because...well because I needed to catch up and he'd mostly been hitting those with Cloaked Banshees anyway.  Anyway when it became clear I wasn't going to be able to hold those bases, I went for the base trade knowing my fully energy'd Medics would let my superior Marine army STIM all day and kill his buildings faster.

Before the base trade had even started, he'd hidden an Orbital Command off the map to the top...so me without any Vikings, I was doomed.  He was also smart enough to create a few Vikings so....damn.

I evacuated my buildings to every corner and tried to corral his and destroy them.  When I couldn't find everything, he'd hidden a few including the OC so he wasn't revealed, I just turtled up my forces in the center of the map and waited for him to come to me.  He couldn't destroy my buildings without encountering my forces.  Then I'd send a few Marines to each Mineral Patch and just waited...eventually he'd have to land and drop Mules.  His 3 Vikings and 1 SCV to my Marauder, 47 Kill Thor, 13 Medivacs and 55 Marines.

Anyway, it was a good game.  An Epic game for me and probably pretty Epic as far as the Silver League goes.

+ 0 Points, Silver League Division Rank 40, Remaining Bonus Pool 363

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/608

Something's up with SC2's upload.  They're not able to auto process replays post today's patch so I did a manual upload.  Hope it works right =)

No comments:

Post a Comment