Sunday, May 8, 2011

6-pool..err...7-pool?

I was 6-pooled here this evening.  It was on Scrap Station and it was..unexpected.  I guess I don't think of that as the best map for a 6-pool?  Or rather...let me restate.

Because of the distances, early on Zerglings are great so I can totally see a 6-pool, but not the quitting after it failed.  So he comes in with his extra drone to scout / harass / keep me busy and then rushes in with the early Zerglings.  I did a decent job (apparently good enough) of microing with my Marines and SCVs to put them down and he quits out.

It got me thinking a bit about the games I won and lost today.  The ZvP I won, the guy did some kind of interesting one-base 4 gateway Zealot rush..but then he just sat the Zealots on his ramp.  The TvT I won, the guy just didn't produce enough stuff fast enough and didn't tech up his Barracks units as much as I did.

The games I lost I think I was that guy.  The guy who just quit after his strategy didn't work, or had a strategy that just didn't make sense or just didn't..produce as well as he could have.  I found, even in the TvT I won, on replay that I wasn't making out of my Barracks as often as I could be / should be.  I'm considering grouping them up with my Command Centers just so that I'm forced to look at them more often to see that they are / are not producing.  I wonder if the time lost tabbing through the sub groups would be worth keeping more constant production out of the buildings?

Lesson for today: I need to firm up my "mechanic" game-play.  Practice producing constantly, do better at always spending all my money all the time.  Just need to smooth some things out..I think.  I feel like those games I lost were so extra frustrating not just because there were so many of them today, but because it felt like I was doing everything right.  I'm thinking, now, that maybe I just need to do everything right *better*.

+ 32 Points, Silver League Division Rank 40, Remaining Bonus Pool 338

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/174507-1v1-terran-zerg-scrap-station

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Ce69zYNGQ

No comments:

Post a Comment