Monday, June 6, 2011

3 Barracks TvT opening continues to bring success

Close Positions on Delta Quadrant, I scouted him going 1 Barracks Refinery which basically told me he wasn't doing a 6 Barracks all-in.  So I brought my 3 Barracks worth of units around and put a little pressure on the front.  Nothing really..just a few exchanges between Marines, scouting out his numbers and reaction.

I didn't see a lot of Marines so I figured he went for a second gas and a Factory so I put up a few missile turrets to hedge against any cloaked Banshee play.  None came.  He went mech.

I wasn't really prepared for that, strategically, but I scouted it and was at least able to not accidentally send my Marines to a horrible death.  Instead I scouted the rest of the map, threw down my third and started teching up to Battlecruisers.

When he started scanning my bases a lot and the gold next to my 3rd I figured that was probably him expanding to his third, why else would he think I was on mine if he wasn't thinking about his right?  So I sent a Marine in to check it out who found and killed an SCV putting up the Command Center.

I didn't really see the whole force he sent in for that 1 Marine.  What I did see was a bunch of Medivacs. I immediately guessed that he was over reacting and just sending his whole force - which would mean that either his Marines would be out of positions to protect his Siege Tanks from my stimmed Marauders or his Tanks would be unsieged and out of position.  Turns out it was both, he moved his whole force and let me move in and take position right outside the entrane to his base, destroying his Gold and his Third.

With the huge positional advantage, my 1/1 army with a few 0/1 Tanks beat his higher supply 2/2 + 0/1 army cold.  Supply counts went from my 177 vs his 197 to my 129 vs his 49.  At that point it was over, my BCs were being produced, level 2 upgrades were done and my economy and macro potential were just higher.  I double expanded, threw down a bunch more Barracks and Starports and waited for him to run out of cash, occasionally destroying his buildings and units at the front.

Interestingly this was my 6th win in a row...7th win in 10 games and 14th in 20.  I don't think I'm necessarily playing any better, but I do feel like some of my builds and strategies are feeling more refined. And that refinement certainly adds to my comfort level, leaving me free to focus on other things in the game.  I don't know if any of that has anything to do with my recent increase in success..but I'll take it.

+ 22 Points, Gold League Division Rank 24, Remaining Bonus Pool 178

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/4528

No comments:

Post a Comment