Sunday, February 26, 2012

Computer's fixed! Macro is not...

So it's been a long time since I posted because it's been a long time since I've been able to play Starcraft II.

My computer crashed hard during an upgrade in late fall.  Unfortunately this was right before I was stuck in bed for a few weeks recovering from surgery.  So getting it fixed and working ended up becoming a multi-month project.

But I'm back and I'm playing again.  The goal I set for myself before the PC crashed was to play 15 games a week.  I'm still going to try to hold to that, so we'll see.

I've already played my 5 placement matches.  I went 3 and 2 which wasn't bad, but the games all felt awful to me, win or loss.  I forgot to build workers, I sat on a lot of cash, I controlled my units poorly.  It was just terrible.  How I won 3 of those games boggles me.

But it gets better, because after loosing my last of the 5 games, my second overall loss in the series, I got ranked.  Platinum league.

WTF?

So...let's queue up.  My goal is not to win.  Winning would be great, but for now defining a win for me is to just macro well.  Build my drones / scvs / probes, keep myself from being supply blocked, constantly produce from the structures I build.

We'll see how it goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZvP, I lost in 10 minutes.  He one base rushed me hard.  Brought in Void Rays, put a pylon in my base and just spawned a crap load of Stalkers in my base.  I couldn't do anything.

My opening felt really rough.  I had no plan...no timing or anything.  I didn't really know what I was doing, so I'll have to work on that.  Just need to get all the rust off and remember how to play.

- 0 Points, Platinum League Division Rank 96, Remaining Bonus Pool 90

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/18132

No comments:

Post a Comment