Thursday, October 11, 2012

Been outta town for a few days...

Let's see how I do.

Wanted to try something new today.  I'm going to post my thoughts on the game twice, first before I watch the replay and second after.  I'm interested to see how my analysis changes between what I "felt" and what actually happened.

Before the Replay:

Rolled.  A little hyped up about it but trying not to be too upset.  PvT so it's not like it's a huge surprised, and I had all kinds of mechanical failures.  Missed a few starting probes on minerals, miss-queued a few things, forgot upgrades all kinds of fantastic stuff.  Even forgot probes pretty often.  And of course got supply blocked like crazy because I can't remember to build pylons in a timely manner.

Meanwhile built MMM and just rolled me with it.

I actually managed to repel the first wave, but the second wave totally crushed me.  He had so many Medivacs there was just nothing I could do with my crappy gateway units.  But I was so strapped for cash I couldn't afford a tech switch.

After the Replay:

Yeah, his units just demolished mine in that second attack.  I shouldn't have even stuck it out, it was GG already.  I suppose I was hoping he'd just futz up somehow.  I guess maybe I should have tech switched, because maybe that would have given me some small advantage, but I was so strapped for cash after losing so many probes.

I should have sent my expansion base probes running when I saw my initial defense failing.  Maybe that would have given me more cash to recover quickly and put up a good second fight.  So that's a lesson learned.

And I *have* *have* *have* to get better at building Pylons.  I don't know why they're so much harder than Supply Depots and Overlords.  Maybe I'm just not used to the inflated unit cost of Protoss? No idea but I need to get better at it.

- 5 Points, Silver League Division Rank 18, Remaining Bonus Pool 67

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=272632

No comments:

Post a Comment