Friday, October 12, 2012

My goal is 15 ladder games a week...

Seems likely that I won't be hitting that this week.

It comes out to 3 a day, M-F.  Maybe more some days, less others.  Only 2 a day including the weekends with 1 day having 3.  It doesn't seem like it should be too many but...it's hard to make the time.

Never the less, it seems like a good goal to shoot for.

Before the Replay:

So I rolled Protoss again and again I flubbed just sending my probes out for their initial mining.

Smooth.

So I resolved myself to do better.  I payed closer attention to my food count, I tried to make a lot of use out of my Chrono Boost and just constantly build stuff and look for expand timings.

I don't know if I did badly somewhere and it worked out or if I did well or if he just did badly, but it worked.  He tried to hit me with a relatively early Marauder + Thor comp that I held off reasonably well.  I didn't counter, just kept teching, upgrading and expanding.  Quickly went for Archons and once I started getting close to my supply max planned a tech switch to Carriers.

Once I hit max and completed an upgrade I sent my Archon / Zealot / Stalker army into his base where they were destroyed by his army.  No worries, I had built a lot of Gateways and quickly replenished my Archons.  Then I used my Warp in Rounds to make more Zealots while all my gas went to upgrades and Carriers.

Maxed again I sent in the Archons and Zealots, again they were crushed.  This time I remade only Zealots with all the gas going towards more Carriers and upgrades.

I'd sent probes to a bunch of bases to pylon block expansions and eventually saw him trying to expand out.  I used my Zealots to harass his expand opportunities and moved my Carriers across for the kill.

After the Replay:

Early on he cut SCVs at around 25 or so.  He put up 4 Rax and a Factory.  Maybe this was supposed to be some kind of all-in timing attack?  It looks that way, his push out was timed with when his Stim, Concussion and + 1 Vehicle attack would all be done.

He expanded behind in, I guess incase it failed, and it did.  After that he started making SCVs again but only 3 bases to his 2 with 60 to his 30 harvesters, even his Mules weren't going to be enough to easily catch up.  By the time he was on 3 bases, I was on 5.

I don't think he was a bad player, at least no worse than I was.  He just didn't play aggressively enough for his low econ style.  At least that's how it looks from here.

+ 24 Points, Silver League Division Rank 16, Remaining Bonus Pool 62

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=272671

No comments:

Post a Comment