Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Protoss...again?

He was pretty good humored at the end, but still didn't GG when I won and he quit.  *shrug*

Before the Replay:

Wow...Protoss again.  3 games in a row now I think?  It was...hard.  I did basically the same thing I did last time.  Just tried to macro smart, build, keep up with warp-ins, not get supply blocked, etc, etc.  I did..okay.  Still got blocked but not as much as before.  Had trouble remembering to turn my Gateways into Warpgates, whoops.

He tried to proxy me with a Barracks.  3 or 4 times.  He was surprisingly not behind for how many times he tried and canceled....so I was impressed by that.  His plan was pretty simple, build a lot of Rax units, hit me in a few different places with drops, try to out macro me.

After defeating a few drops I hit my supply limit and just rolled him.  My upgrades were in, I was getting my infrastructure set to switch to Carriers and he actually did me a favor by killing off a few probes so when I countered, it was over.

After the Replay:

It really seems like all his proxy Barracks were a real waste.  After we're pretty even, but he could have been way ahead if he hadn't wasted so much time and money.  My harvesters quickly outpaced his and despite his MULEs my income followed.

I could have done a lot better job spending my money.  I should have been pushing out sooner, tech switching sooner, maybe expanding even more for better gas income.  The big problem was I felt I wasn't making decisions fast enough, I suppose that'll just come with practice.

+ 24 Points, Silver League Division Rank 11, Remaining Bonus Pool 80

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=272850

No comments:

Post a Comment