Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Random = Protoss Again + mini meltdown

Before Replay:

Because, of course, I can't seem to improve at it, I rolled Protoss again.

I really thought I had been improving, with all the games I was playing, but clearly not.  Tonight is teaching me that I was waaaaaaay wrong.

PvZ, he just did his own thing and built to Broodlords and kicked my ass.  I thought I had a big enough upgraded enough army to deal with the massive Broodlords / Infestors what with all my Carriers, Zealots and Stalkers who got right up under there and tried to deal with it.  But I was way wrong.

Wrong wrong wrong.

So what should I have done?  Quit when I saw I was Protoss?

The problem with Protoss is I feel like I can't harass.  Not that *Protoss* can't harass.  That I can't.  That I can't make good enough use of the units to harass effectively.

He killed all my probes too...I don't know what happened to them all but suddenly I didn't have any.

I'm getting super ragey here so clearly I'm done for the night.

After the Replay:

Something I know before I start the replay - I wasn't making very good use of my money.  Of course.  Should I be more aggressive with my Zealots?  I can't seem to balance out when I have gas and when I have minerals.  I *understand* what I was doing before, but suddenly can't recreate it tonight.

I was sooo high on minerals but couldn't get gas.  Suddenly I had nothing but gas and no minerals.  I can't seem to build the right units and predict.  Maybe I just don't have the right mindset right now.  Or maybe I'm just getting so off tilt when I see I've spawned Protoss again that I can't think straight.

It's interesting because, with Protoss, I feel like I can't win.  I should qualify that I guess..

With Protoss, I feel like every decision I make is the wrong one.  If I choose to be agressive with my early units, I shouldn't have because he built a lot of Lings and by the time I find out, my units are dead and he's in my base.  If I play conservative then I should have been more agressive.  If I scout and he's conservative, he suddenly builds a bunch of Lings, and if I scout and he's got a lot of units then I spend money building for defense of an attack that never comes.

You know, if I want to harass I should just fucking harass.  I did some DT play but I couldn't get them in the main.  I never bothered to watch to see why, but he had a bunch of Spine Crawlers and Overseers there.  If I'd dropped a few DTs in the back his Greater Spire would have been gone in no time.

My style is tech switching, harassment and large scale production of units.  I know that's mostly geared towards Zerg but I've been able to make it work in other match-ups.  I just have to get my head out of my ass and be willing to make it work.

Nothing I didn't already know in the replay.  I had plenty of great vision on him, I just didn't realize that his army would so cleanly destroy mine the way it did.  Once again I find myself wishing my friends still played SC2..it'd be nice to have some friends to play and practice with.  But like many other games, my friends all like games I'm not a huge fan of and they generally aren't interested in playing the games I enjoy.  Board and card games tend to fall into this category too.

- 10 Points, Silver League Division Rank 15, Remaining Bonus Pool 101

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=273257

No comments:

Post a Comment