Monday, July 8, 2013

Another day..

Boy am I a glutton for punishment =)

And finally!  A win I earned!  A match against a fellow Bronze player!  Someone with some manners who GL'd and GG'd.  And a promotion to Silver!

Before the Replay:

ZvT.  I felt like it was safer to build towards an opposing Bio army than Mech.  Only because that's mostly what I've been seeing recently.  Also Banelings hurt Mech pretty well, too.

I scouted a lot and saw him building and starting to move out.  MMM, but moving across the map slowly.  He stopped to kill my creep tumors which was nice.  Gave me plenty of time.  He clearly didn't want to get stuck on creep and surrounded.  Which gave me time to get my units into position to surround him.

The first time I took out his army I made the mistake of trying to counter immediately   Of course the bunker and his units there quickly killed that idea, but at least I didn't go all in.

I threw up a 4th base and just kept building.  I had more money than I could spend.  Threw down a few extra hatcheries and focused on Lings and Banelings with upgrades while teching to Mutas and then Hive.  Once I hit Hive and saw he was sticking with MMM + Tank, I went for Ultras and pushed to win.

I love the Muta / Ling combo.  Hit one place and hit the other.  He can't split his units as well.  He gets flustered.  Worst case scenario the first time, one gets good damage in.  Then in the future if one can't get good damage in, it's because he's split his army up too much and I can expand more, shut out his expansions, starve him out.

Felt good!

After the Replay:

He has his second base down before 6 minutes.  Wow.  I should have made 2 Zerglings early to scout that.  Now I know.

Also he put his 3rd up when I put my 4th up.  Again, didn't realize.  I was bad about putting Overlords around the map to watch those.

After my first split attack that took his 3rd base he was shaken.  He had a bunch of SCVs just sitting in his main not doing anything.  Maybe he thought to push and win?  He pushed pretty hard, took my 4th, but I was able to stop it.

A lot of my play still needs a lot of work.  I should have been spending my money better earlier.  Spending my larva more pro actively.  Keeping my upgrades going a little sharper, getting my expansions earlier.  But not terrible either, a win I can feel good about.

+ 46 Points, Silver League, Division Rank 51

No comments:

Post a Comment