Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dark Templar

Another PvP.  I decided to try to do this one right, I built my Gateways in a better timing fashion, I scouted where the opponent was...I got my warpgates up and forward Pylons and upgrades and started putting pressure on.

And when I got to his base?  He was severly Cannoned in.  WTF?  I didn't get it, but I got suspicious so I went to throw down a robo facility but it was too late, he had a DT in my base ripping me apart.  I tried to get some cannons down but I couldn't, he was destroying all my pylons.  I tried to get in his base and around his cannons, but I couldn't.  I tried to stay away from his DTs but it didn't do any good.  I couldn't win.

This is, for the record, all he does.  Cannons in and builds DTs.  Going through his match history that seems to be the only tactic he uses.  I don't understand how that can be fun.  Obviously it isn't very successful, he's won 382 games out of 753 and is firmly in his Silver League.  But it's successful enough for him to enjoy, I guess.

Lesson of the day - I need an early Observer in my PvP.  I guess.  Also I should be more agressive in my scouting probably, try to get a better sense of what he has.  Sometimes I do, but if I don't really think I care I don't bother.  Clearly this time I should have cared.

- 14 Points, Silver League Division Rank 8

http://sc2replayed.com/replays/146756-1v1-protoss-backwater-gulch

No comments:

Post a Comment