Saturday, March 5, 2011

I don't know if I ever win as Protoss?

I just can't figure out how to play Protoss?

My plan was to open Zealot heavy while I got up Blink and a Stalker force and then roll out with heavy Blink Stalkers.  I opened with a double Gateway for a lot of early Zealots and at the 8 minute mark I had a couple up, transformed into Warpgates (x4) and my Expansion started.

For a while towards the end he had 4 Warpgates he was producing out of and I had 10.  But he was ahead of me in upgrades (I was devoting all my cash to producing units so I stopped at 1/2 and he was quickly (16-17 minute mark?) at 3/3 so his units were just ripping mine apart.  I changed my tactic slightly to bring in some DTs, he had a single observer that I was able to take out which bought me some time.

Eventually he put down a second set of 4 Warpgates and despite his smaller economy was able to then just crush me.

I guess..next time...I don't know?  I made a lot of mistakes.  I should have scouted earlier so I could have put more pressure on with the fast Zealot build to make it more worth while.  I should have harassed with the DTs harder, try to push him back to his base.  Managed my upgrades better, I spent a lot of time with a lot of minerals trying to figure out what to do with them.

Lesson for the day - PvP sucks.  Okay, no.  Early Zealot build needs scouting and Mirror Matches require upgrades to not just be important, but a top priority.

- 11 Points, Silver League Division Rank 8

No comments:

Post a Comment