Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Must Macro Harder

I played as a Zerg vs Protoss.  My plan was to do a massive Roach / Hydra army.  I harassed early with Zerglings while I built up some Roaches, and pushed on his base a little once I broke his expand.  I kept my macro up and expanded at every opportunity.

Unfortunately I failed to build enough to keep up with the expanding.  I had more minerals than I could use.  I kept throwing down more queens and more hatches...  Eventually I hit my supply cap and just worked on tech until I was able to shut him down.

I didn't want to do a full on "engaged" fight against his big Warpgate + Collosus army, so instead I focused on keeping him contained and starving him out.  I set my Overlords to generate creep and sent them around the map to the various spots and just kept my eye out.

Today's lesson - Keep focusing on macro during battles

+ 26 Points, Silver League Division Rank 8

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/145751-1v1-protoss-zerg-backwater-gulch

No comments:

Post a Comment