Saturday, March 5, 2011

TvT makes for a nice break from PvP

It's always nice finding yourself in a matchup you think you can handle.

I played a TvT here which is something I tend to be comfortable in.  I go Marine / Marauder, get some Vikings and Medivacs and put on lots of pressure.  Use Stim to close range with the Tanks, throw a few Tanks into my line with Siege to provide a retreat path for my ground units and I'm all good.

So I'm on Metalopolis and I have control over both Xel'Naga towers when I see him streaming a big Marine force my way.  I toss down a bunker and....and the attack never comes.

More marines now.  Then Marauders in addition and more Marines.  I throw down another Bunker.  Still nothing.  More and more units stream by.  He's got Tanks and Vikings and Medivacs now.  Where is he?

So I move out of my base because I've held off my expand for too long and there he is.  Just waiting....tanks Setup, units in place.  I was impressed.  Unfortunately for him he was working off of 3 rax, a factory and 2 starports.  I was operating off 5 rax a starport and a factory so I was able to replenish a lot faster and eventually just kept rolling over his army.

Probably would have been a different game if he'd checked the Xel'Naga towers.  Or at least, a closer game.

+ 26 Point, Silver League Division, Rank 8

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/146806-1v1-terran-metalopolis

No comments:

Post a Comment