Saturday, March 5, 2011

Max Army

I seem to have a problem where I'm not comfortable with waiting until I have a maxed out army, but I'm not harassing either.

So I'm just sitting in my base, letting the other guy build better than I am.

I played a Terran vs Protoss.  My strategy was to go heavy on the Marauders and then incorporate Vikings with my Medivacs later on.  Unfortunately when I tried to attack with the Marauders he already had quite a few Immortals mixed into his Zealot / Stalker army (larger than my Marauder army, btw) and a Colossus with the extended range.  He smashed me and then retaliated.

Am I really that awful?  I guess so.

Lesson learned - I don't know?  I don't know.  I haven't learned anything from this game yet other than that he was better than me.  Do I need to expand and keep teching?  Just wait for him to hit me?  Should I be doing drops?  Opening with a banshee harass?  I don't know yet.

His army isn't that mobile, right?  Immortals are slow, the Stalkers provide cover for the Collosus which needs an army to be effective.  So maybe lots of drops, keep him on the Defensive.  Attack where he's not.

- 11 Points, Silver League Division, Rank 8

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/146897-1v1-terran-protoss-backwater-gulch

No comments:

Post a Comment