Monday, May 23, 2011

Back in the top 8!

Woooo

TvZ on Metalopolis, cross positions.  He opened with some Zerg agression and then quickly built up a strong Roach army and transitioned into heavy Mutalisk harass.

And I still won.

I did a straight up heavy Barracks play.  I like my Barracks units.  1 Factory and 1 Starport to support, constant (or as constant as I can remember) upgrades from the Engineering Bay and Armory.  Concussive Shell first once I get a second Barracks up, and Combat Shield then Stim.  It takes so long now that I'd just rather have the extra HPs on the Marines first.

His supply was actually ahead of me for most of the game.  I tried pushing on his base a few times.  Got crushed every time so instead I just did what Terrans do best, turtled and built.

He took his third when he pushed out with his Mutalisks.  He also shut down my Second as I flubbed the defense against those mutas so it worked well for him.  I was certain that the game was over at that point.  Except he didn't micro them exceptionally well and I was eventually able to kill them all, destroy the whole force, which gave me time while he rebuilt that muta force to reexpand to my natural and rebuild my Marines with some extra Thor / Viking help.

He got greedy and took a fourth, but never really attacked.  He had a huge army of Roaches, 160 supply to 100 but he just was sitting on them, letting me turtle and upgrade.  He finally moved them out, but his timing sucked - he hit me just as the PF was finishing at my third and while I lost my whole army he pretty much lost his and was forced to retreat the rest of his Roaches.

He tried to attack again with his roaches, but he underestimated the strength of stimmed Marine Marauder Medivac with 2/3 upgrades so despite his 196 to 131 supply advantage, I crushed the attack and took the opportunity to secure my 4th (Gold) and 5th.  He took his Gold at the same point and started his tech to Broodlords, but I just parked Siege Tanks on the towers, destroyed his workers and forced his army to come to me.  When I won that fight, he GG'd out.

+ 26 Points, Silver League Division Rank 7, Remaining Bonus Pool 138

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/2586

No comments:

Post a Comment