Monday, May 30, 2011

Every Protoss win feels like a huge accomplishment

But I have to admit I feel bad when I defeat a player who just leaves the game feeling frustrated.  Cross positions on Tal'darim....I thought about opening Forge first then Nexus...but I haven't had any experience with that so I decided to just stay with my Gateways.  It ended up working out for me.

A lot of the Gold Level Terrans I face against seem to have this bully mentality.  They build around 30 SCVs for their one base, build a quick strong group of Marauders and Marines with early upgrades and hit you hard.

They understand that they need to expand to Macro into later in the game, should their push fail, so when their Combat Shield and Concussive Shell and Stim are done and they're moving out, they're also building an expansion Command Center.

But they never really build any more SCVs.  It boggles me.

Anyway, once you defend that first push you've got a good advantage.  Keep macro'ing up and defend the second push and you've pretty much won the game.  At least, that's been my experience.

+ 26 Points, Silver League Division Rank 6, Remaining Bonus Pool 172

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/3649

No comments:

Post a Comment