Sunday, May 29, 2011

You win some you lose some...I guess?

Had a hard time finding a win this morning.

First game was a TvT, we both were Random, close positions on Metalopolis.  I scouted him him out and he was going one Barracks Refinery so I figured Hellion or Banshee play.  I pushed a little with Marines and he had a few but not a huge number, I figured a second Barracks in the back.

Nope.  He'd cancelled his Refinery and gone 6 Rax.  I lost to a huge swell of Marines shortly thereafter.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/3440

Second game PvT...ugg.  I had a decent force and stopped his first push but he turtled up at home pretty good.  I expanded and then tried to expand again.  I thought I was doing a good job of getting Tech and Units up quickly but apparently I wasn't because he pushed again and just *crushed* me.  I hate playing Protoss, I'm so awful at it.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/3441

Third game was a TvZ, close positions on Shattered Temple.  He scouted me super quick with a drone so I knew without checking we were in close positions and just kept my SCVs on the line and walled off incase of a 6-pool.  I know from experience that putting early pressure on a Zerg can totally screw their game so I tried to just keep hitting him with my Marine / Marauder force.  He made a lot of lings, threw down Spine Crawlers and brought his Queens to the front which pretty much stopped his larva production and what larva he did have turned to Zerglings so despite his 15 pool, I was able to retain an econ advantage.

He GG'd out at 15 minutes.  I was just putting too much pressure on him, he couldn't keep his fragile Lings / Banelings alive, I wouldn't fight him on creep and he wasn't making drones.

+ 30 Points, Silver League Division Rank 8, Remaining Bonus Pool 182

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/3442

No comments:

Post a Comment