Saturday, June 4, 2011

Uh oh, "You've been Promoted!"

What am I going to name the blog now?!?


TvP on Slag Pits.  We were both Random, actually, spawned in Cross Positions and scouted each other pretty casually.  He went for a one-base quick Collosus build which I scouted out when I did a somewhat late early-game push with my Marines and Marauders.  I got some Vikings out and when he pushed me..well I panicked a bit, cancelled the CC I was building but kept calm enough with my unit control to win the encounter.

After that it was just a game of head-on monkey-style agression which is something I feel somewhat comfortable with vs Protoss as Terran, as long as I can keep my Upgrades researching, keep an eye on the tech he's creating and keep a macro / supply lead on him.  I kept up some pressure, coming out ahead (if sometimes just barely) in all the fights and keeping him from expanding too aggressively and eventually he had to GG out.

Mostly importantly, I've been promoted to the Gold Division.  Interestingly, the Gold Division I joined is brand new.  Everyone's rank indicates that they joined it in the last few days so I wonder if I would have been promoted earlier had there been a Gold Division with room?  I've been playing almost exclusively Gold players the past few weeks.

+ 26 Points, Gold League Division Rank 28, Remaining Bonus Pool 186

No comments:

Post a Comment