Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nothing gets my heart rate up like ZvZ

We both went Random but quickly scouted each other, cross position, as Zerg.  I went for a 15 hatch into Speedling and Roach.  He...did a 10 extractor - 13 pool opening (?)  into mass early Speedling with a proxy Spine Crawler.  It almost won.

Fortunately he failed to ever check the Towers so I had plenty of map information and warning to see when the attacks were coming and be ready.  By the 9 minute mark I'd fended off a few attacks and taken an economic lead.

He went for fast Mutas after that and had some decent harass, but again with my map control I got a good look at them early and was able to mitigate with Queens and Spore Crawlers until I had my Hydras up.  Once I had a good Roach / Hydra army up, I pushed and won.

+ 22 Points, Gold League Division Rank 26, Remaining Bonus Pool 182

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/4368

No comments:

Post a Comment