Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#(*$ Banelings!

So I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like over the last 10 days or so.  This is partly because work's ramping up with stuff and partly because I got engaged the weekend before last and my fiancee and her sisters went from 0 to crazy in about 30 seconds.

Anyway, what time I did spend playing I played Starcraft Masters or whatever the new custom game is called.  It's pretty fun...for those who aren't familiar or haven't tried it, basically you have 30 different levels where you have to win a little micro battle scenario.  So one may be to escape a situation with your SCV, another may be to defeat a Zealot with your STIM'd Marine or defeat 2 Zealots with 2 non STIM'd Marines.

I actually felt pretty good about it.  I haven't beaten all 30 levels yet, but mostly I know how to defeat the various scenarios, I just don't have the skill or practice at executing the maneuvers to do so.  So that just takes practice.  Right now the one I'm stuck on (aka the one that frustrated me into spending my evening playing Mass Effect on the 360 last night) was where you have a group of Zealots on a narrow little island who have to deal with a large mass of Banelings.  I need to get them split out away from each other and in a Hold position, just having trouble executing the commands fast enough.

On to the game...

TvT on Cloud Kingdom LE, a map I'm not totally familiar with yet.  I didn't get ROFL stomped..but I didn't do great.

I decided to try to ease my way back into playing the way I used to with this game.  No more just settling for just macro'ing well, I wanted to try to bring everything I could.

So I decided to go for my heavy agression Barracks style into Battlecruisers.  It works pretty well but it really needs me to be agressive.  I wasn't.

I tried to be a bit early on but he chased me out of his base.  He went heavy heavy mech, lots of Tanks and lots of Vikings.  I actually held him for a bit with my overwhelming macro, but ultimately his crap-ton of tanks won out.

 - 0 Points, Platinum League Division Rank 83, Remaining Bonus Pool 212

http://drop.sc/133415

Trying drop.sc to see how it is.  Frustrated with the constantly problems on SC2Replayed.com and they don't have this map available in the Manual Upload options...

No comments:

Post a Comment