Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dashboard

When I drive I look at my left side mirror, my right side mirror, my rear view mirror, my dashboard and from time to time even my front windshield.

I do these things and quickly make decisions about what's going on and what I need to do.  Change lanes now or later.  Speed up or slow down.  Think about getting gas.  Whatever.

There's no reason I can't apply that same skill set in Starcraft.

Specifically I'm talking about my being supply blocked.  I don't have a good feel for how much supply I have at any given time and how quickly I'm filling it up.  So I should compensate by being more aware of what my stat is at.  It's right there in the corner.

So tonight I'm going to roll that into the macro + constant agression.  Here goes:

Well it worked?  I did okay, I did get supply blocked once.  Shakuras...I opened 14 expand, 15 pool into Slowlings because I'm terrible.  But he was worse.  He fended off my harass lings with marines and his Hellions, so I threw a few Sunken Colonies (umm..what're they called in this game?) and Held my Queen at the ramp.  He saw he couldn't take it so he backed off..at which point my lings came, surrounded his Hellions and killed them.

It was pretty much GG after that.  He had a walloff but my Speedlings could get through the marine sized hole he hadn't plugged so I destroyed his expand, took a 3rd, locked up the others and built mutas.

+ 28 Points, Platinum League Division Rank 45, Remaining Bonus Pool 221

http://drop.sc/139291

No comments:

Post a Comment