Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Failed Bunker Rush = Lose?

It always surprises me when I come across something like this.  I face a moderately cheesy rush from a player who loses and then GG's out.  6-Pool, Cannon Rush, Bunker Rush...it's odd.  And they're almost always in a higher division than me.

Does this rush always work?  Were they just trying it on a lark?  Is this just their bad matchup?  Sometimes you can tell from his match history, and sometimes you can't.

Before the Replay:

ZvT on a big map, so I opened 15 hatch, pool, extractor to get my economy up early.  I got a few Lings out early and caught his scout SCV trying to bunk the base of my expansion ramp, so I put an end to that quickly but his Marines at the tower killed my starter Lings.

No big deal, I threw down a spine crawler, got a few more Lings and Queens, started my Baneling tech and went back to Droning.

Not long after I'm moving my creep tumors out and he comes rushing in with most of his SCVs and a handful of Marines.  It doesn't work and I hold off the push, he GG's out.

#boggle

After the Replay:

So he goes for a quick 2 Rax followed by 2 more.  He gets an early gas geyser but doesn't use it for a while until he eventually puts an SCV in it.  He never uses the gas.  Then he sends 13 Marines with 10 of his 20 SCVs into my base.

End of the game...fascinating.  At least I held it off I guess?

+ 36 Points, Silver League Division Rank 14, Remaining Bonus Pool 101

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=273251

No comments:

Post a Comment