Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First non Placement Match in HotS...

And he was quite polite!  Hooray for the Bronze League.

Before the Replay:

So I decided I wanted to go Mech because hey, free Siege Mode right?  Plus, Firebats.  Or whatever they're called...Hellbats?

So I wasn't very agressive, I pushed once but he'd already gotten a good Roach army up.  I pulled back and expanded and saved my units.  I did a decent job of spending my money, but the build could have certainly been smoother.  Still, a win's a win.  My Tanks crushed his Roaches and my Vikings roamed the map picking off his Overlords.  He build Hydras for Defense and a huge Muta army, but I built a lot of Marines (so much fore mech) and slaughtered them.

Finally I pushed and he GG'd out with a "wp".  He was Platinum.

After the Replay:

I'm not totally sure what all he was doing.  He did a double extractor trick, but didn't pop them until after he had an Overlord up....

He triple expanded right off the bat.  I'll have to watch for that in the future, scout it out.

I did supply block him a lot.  That feels good =)

Until he built 12 Overlords at once.  Wow.  At least that gave me time to expand without any pressure on me.

I destroyed all of those and then some giving me a chance to expand to my third after he attacked with and lost all his Roaches.

So yeah, mostly the replay feels the same as the game felt before.  Interestingly when I got my 3rd up at 18 minutes it felt really slow, but he was still at his original 3 bases because he was constantly trying to defend and rebuild his Overlords.

+ 40 Points, Bronze League Division Rank 68, Remaining Bonus Pool 634

Edit: Looks like the ladder locks tomorrow so I'll be staying Bronze for this season.  Perhaps I can get back to Silver next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment