Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Not to be deterred...

I went 0-2 last night.  Hoping to do a little better tonight.

For the first few seconds I forgot to build my first probe =/  Auspicious start.

I ended up winning, but I don't know that I earned the win.  He d/c'd as I was rebuilding my army from a relatively "failed" attempt to put pressure on him.  I had built up some infrastructure so I planned on having an army back soon and I had good vision, so I figured I could afford to lose most of my army...but still...

Before the Replay:

He hit me with somewhat early 'Lings.  I don't have a great feel for it, because I totally screwed up my opening (as mentioned above).  Built 2 Pylons before my first Gateway, started a wall-off, then changed my mind, then he rolled in with Zerglings.

I took care of them pretty quickly and the game escalated from there.  I held off his attacks and harass pretty well (I thought) and managed to get my 3 bases up by 12 minutes.  I transitioned to Templar with Storm and as I was rolling out for a second time to attack his base, he D/C'd.

After the Replay:

One thing I forgot about, he built an extractor in my base.  Not he started and cancelled and started, just built one full out.  I guess he was worried about early Stargate pressure?  I all but forgot about my plan after yesterday to go Stargate against Zerg, so I was just going with my Gateways.

He threw up a Pool at 10 (after the Extractor in my base) and threw in his Zerglings at my base and started a Roach Warren.  He only had 2 in gas though so he wasn't getting much there.

He also pretty much stopped Drone production once he started attacking me.  That makes me feel good...like I may have actually earned my win.  The only time he seems to have built drones was to replace the ones he was about to spend on buildings.  I'm pretty sure I would have won this game in the long run.

I was totally wrong about when I got my 3rd base up.  I barely had my 2nd base up at the 13 minute mark.  Wow, how did I so totally read the clock wrong during the game?  No idea.  Interestingly though, at the 13 minute mark when my 2nd base is just getting going, he's still on 1 base.    I had more probes than he had drones, and a higher income.

+ 48 Points, Bronze League, Division Rank 38

No comments:

Post a Comment