Sunday, July 7, 2013

I can't win a single f'ing game...=/

I don't know what to do.  I can't figure out how to win a single game.

In my defense, I almost never play other bronze leaguers.  In their defense, when I do they still kick my ass.  How bad am I?  When did I get this bad?  When did it happen that I actually can't win any games at all?  At the bottom of the Bronze League I can't get close to a 50% win ratio.

Like quite a few of the other players I've faced, he shows in his profile and badge as being Platinum, but not in the score screen.  Bug?

Also like quite a few other players I've hit on the ladder, I didn't get a GL or HF or anything out of him.  More and more I'm seeing that.  I guess the friendly players have moved on to other games?  The ladder just isn't as much fun for me in HoTS and I don't know if that's because I don't have as much time to play or I just don't know how to play or if something else is really going on in the Community.

Before the Replay:

PvT.  I scouted his heavy Marine / Marauder 1 base push early and was ready for it.  I defended pretty well and put up some counter pressure.

I kept to my "expand to 3 bases by X time" but I failed to continue to Macro well.  He did a *huge* drop on my Mineral line and I held it off, but was hurt and didn't rebuild quickly.  I started to tech but I was feeling anxious that he had a huge lead on me.  I threw DT's into his expansions and base and slowed him a bit, but not enough  He had all his mining centralized pretty tightly despite the attempts to expand.

He threw another huge MMM force at me and I thought I was defending it well but suddenly I had *no* army.  He just ripped them to shreds despite my better upgrades.  I hate Robo tech.  I just hate it.  I have to find another way to win.

After the Replay:

I was supply blocked a lot.  I'm so bad at building Pylons.  Why?

I was right that he had a huge advantage after I destroyed his first MMM group that landed on my mineral line.  His supply was 20 higher and though I had twice the working worker count, MULEs gave him a higher actual income.

However I had a huge advantage after my DT attacks.  I had 71 harvesters to his 17.  I had a huge amount of cash and I just wasn't spending it.  I should have had more Gateways down and should have been Chrono Boosting them.  Jesus that's where I lost the game right there, the biggest single blunder where I could have won easily.

That being said, it's worth noting that we actually had a similar food count.  159 to 168.  Just that his was almost all Army and mine was 1/2 Income.

Damn, I should have been able to win that.  Even when I GG'd he had nothing behind it.  If I'd started properly macroing then...

I had almost 4k in Minerals in the bank.  Didn't even notice.  I am so so so awful at this game.

- 0 Points, Bronze League, Division Rank 32

No comments:

Post a Comment